What Spring Break Means To Me

3/14/10

Friday, it happened. I turned on my Out-of-Office Assistant, changed my voice mail recording, and said "Goodbye" to my job and co-workers. We all said "Goodbye"...because we are on Spring Break!

And this is what Spring Break means to me...

It's one of the two major times each year that I'm most thankful to work at a University (the second being...you guessed it...Christmas Break!)

Spring cleaning

Daytime TV

Staying up as late as I want to because I know I can always take a nap the next day to catch up on my sleep

Doing all the things I don't have the energy to do when I get home each night

Running errands at 10 o'clock in the morning instead of on my lunch break

A 5-day reprieve from rush hour traffic

Schedules? Schmedules!

Mid-day walks around the neighborhood

Scrapbooking until my heart's content

Day Trips

and most of all...

Spending time with the people in my life that I wish I spent 40 hours a week with (not counting the ones when we're all sleeping under the same roof)

No comments:

Post a Comment