McWane Wednesday

3/19/10

I'll admit I've been sort of absent from my blog the past couple of days...

but I promise it has been for good reason (well, except for yesterday). I really have no excuses other than the fact that I was simply recovering from our outing on Wednesday...and scrapbooking. Which means I could have posted pictures from our trip to the McWane Science Center sooner - but just today I got with the program and actually downloaded what was on my camera.

So here are the details of our day and our trip there.

First things first...this was a first for us. We had never been here before, so the experience was totally new. And so it may have been our first time, but it definitely won't be our last. It was fantastic, and Jake had an awesome time. There were literally hundreds of things to see and do. We went non-stop, up and down 3 floors of exhibits.

We did things like balance balls on streams of water...


listen to the sounds of birds with the push of a button...

dig for dinosaur remains...

fill containers with water at a water table...

for a really long time (and no, I did not let him drink the water, even though it looks like he's about to)...

make shapes on an oversized Light Bright...

catch butterflies on a projector screen...

climb up and down the ramp of an airplane...

make music on a giant piano by walking on the keys...

operate a "crane" to retrieve blocks from their holes.

And that's not even everything we did during the 3 hours we spent there.

But I'm fresh out of words to describe some of the things we did and fresh out of pictures to share so you don't get bored with reading a huge list.

Oh! Except for this last one...

I could eat his smile with a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment