Weekend Blues

3/5/10

I have officially been self-diagnosed with "Weekend Blues." It may sound crazy to say that on a Friday...I mean, really...the weekend is practically here. So what is my problem? I don't freakin' know! (Probably something known as P.M.S.) But this I do know.

This time last weekend, I had been away from my job and hanging with my hubby and son for about 18 hours. We still had much to look forward to (a huge overnight date and Jake's 3rd Birthday on Saturday). We were on our way to my parents' house, and I was ecstatic.

My day with Jim on Friday was amazing. We started with lunch at the restaurant where we had our first date...Sinclair's. (I even ate the same meal that I did that night, and it was as awesome as I remembered). After lunch, we ran a few errands (the boring stuff like making a deposit at the bank), and then we did a little bit of shopping. I was actually looking for a steal on a winter coat, but there were none to be found at my favorite stores. What I did walk away with, though, was a really great shirt for the Spring and two pairs of earrings...all on clearance.

By this time, we could check into our hotel, so we did just that. We had several hours to just hang out then get all dressed up to go see Rodney Carrington. The show was awesome to say the least! I think I laughed so much that I wore every stitch of makeup off from under my eyes, which was definitely a surprise. Going into it, I actually wasn't sure just how funny he would be in person. I've listened to him here and there, but to me, he's more of a guys kind of funny. His material can definitely be a little rough...by rough, I mean crude. And it's just not every day that I find songs about breastfeeding and jokes about male body parts funny. But Jim does find him funny, and he's been wanting to see him for a long time, so I thought, "What the heck!" So we went, and it was the best.

After the show, we had dinner at Wintzell's in downtown Montgomery. The food was delicious, and the company was even better. I felt the butterflies for the love of my life all over again, and it the best part of the whole day...it was terrific.

And now here we are this Friday...not as many exciting, wonderful, hot date-night, birthday-partying plans.

But it is almost the weekend, and that's exciting enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment