6th Grade Vocabulary

3/4/10

So Jake's teachers have told me more than once that "he has the vocabulary of a 6th grader." It's true...in all aspects of the phrase...I'm learning.

And I'm not just referring to the number of words he can say or how well he puts sentences together or the fact that he is almost never, ever quiet - though all of these things enable him to verbalize as well as a 6th grader.

In reality, he's always exceeded the expectations of anyone around him (especially his pediatrician) with the words he can say, the phrases he uses, and the sentences he can put together. And as I sit here and type and think back on it, he could actually say more words than he could take steps even at 13 months of age.

But lately some of the things he says really do have a mature ring to them...such as:

"Leave me alone." As I try and get him out of bed and ready for the day

"Ooooh! That's gonna be cool!"

"I'm too tired to go to school, Mommy." And I'm too tired to go to work, but unfortunately, it's what we have to do 5 days out of the week.

"I don't want to go to church. I want to stay home." This one definitely didn't make my list of "Proud Mommy Moments", but that's what he said, so I'm putting it out here.

"You're cracking me up, Mommy!" You're cracking me up too, Jake.

"Don't look at me." Okay, Baby. I won't, and I'll also pretend you didn't just say that. Otherwise, I'd have to punish you, and right now, I'd rather just laugh.

Does any of this sound like a 6th grader to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment