Thunderbirds and more

3/29/10

I can't remember exactly where I left off when it comes to sharing about life in general around our house...probably somewhere in the Spring Break area if I had to guess and hoping we weren't going to come down with the stomach virus Jake had a week ago.

Our weekdays last week were actually pretty uneventful (which is probably another reason why I didn't mention them)...until Friday when we left for my parent's house. When we arrived, my family was waiting...Emily not as patiently as everyone else. She had already called when we were about 15 minutes out wanting to know how much longer it would be until Jake would be there to play. Jim and I decided to take full advantage of the multitude of loving "babysitters" that awaited us and do what I call "speed shopping". We literally went six different places and ate dinner in under 2 and a half hours. We got everything on our list from a new shade to go on the inside of our front door to all the "pwizes" that will be in Jake's Easter basket this coming weekend. I love it when we get the chance to do that (Thank you, Mom, Dad, Emily, and Aunt Cathy!).

On Saturday morning, I had two portrait sessions...one of which was my friend Melissa and her family. These are just two of my favorites from our morning together...



With my memory card not quite full but our stomachs definitely full (after a lunch break at Chick-fil-A), my mom, Jake, Emily, and I left to go meet Jim and my dad to watch the Thunderbirds fly at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery.

There were airplanes (and people) gallore! We wandered for at least an hour and a mile taking it all in...




And just before he couldn't go on any longer...

we managed to find a souvenir table.

Ahhh...sudden energy.


We all spectated...


and watched some of the most amazing acrobatics...

and precision flying I've ever seen.

It was a full day to say the least - full of friends, full of family, full of photo taking, full of excitement...

makes me full of exhaustion just thinking about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment