Rewind

11/18/09

Since I start blogging not long ago, I've been wishing with all my might that I had started doing this at Jake's birth. It wasn't long before I started thinking...no, I wish I would have started when I got pregnant...no, maybe when we were trying to get pregnant...okay, you get the idea. So because "Back to the Future" is just a movie, and time travel does not really exist, I've come up with an idea. I've decided to start my own version of time travel on my blog. This will be me going back in time and sharing stories or pictures from "way back when", whether that be 3 months ago or three years ago. I'm really excited about it because this will give me a chance to reminisce and a chance to share with you how far we've come and the special (and maybe not so special) moments we've had along the way to get to where we are now.

So in honor of this new thing called "Rewind", I'll start by sharing some pictures of our first trip to the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch when Jake was just 7 months old (just because it is still the season for giving thanks and pumpkins and turkey projects at school, etc.).

This was a first hand experience for all of us. Jim nor I had ever been to the Pumpkin Patch, and of course, neither had Jake. My family had been the weekend prior to us making our trip, so we sort of knew what to expect. We knew what activities there would be, but what we didn't realize was just how much fun we would actually have. We first spent some time looking around and taking lots of pictures. We were amazed at how many pumpkins there were literally everywhere! And what mommy could resist putting this cute face next to the cute pumpkins?


We then made our way over to wait for our turn to ride the tractor out to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins.




As we rode through the "forest" to get to the pumpkin patch, we saw lots of different "scenes" as if we were on a haunted hayride.


We finally arrived at the pumpkin patch, and what made it so great, was that it truly was a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins were actually grown right there! They were lying everywhere, already cut from their vines so they would be easy to pick up and take with us. We had so much fun as we wandered around looking for the perfect pumpkin for each of us. Jim and I took turns carrying Jake, carrying pumpkins, and carrying the camera.


After we had chosen our pumpkins and made our way back to the main area, we headed straight for the petting zoo which Jake absolutely LOVED! He wanted to touch, pet, and help feed every goat, sheep, and pig available to him. Jim and I both got so many laughs at watching his face light up with joy as they came right up to the fences. I think by far this was Jake's favorite part of our day!


After we left the petting zoo, we took advantage of a few more photo opportunities and then ended our day. We all had such a great time...so great that now we have made it a family tradition to visit a pumpkin patch every year to celebrate the beginning of our favorite time of year.

And now, I leave you with a few of my absolute favorite photos from our day...Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment