Saturday Morning

1/9/10

It's Saturday morning, and here's what's going on at our house:

The washing machine is getting it's usual workout. This used to be a weekly, 2 or 3 load occurance. Since we've added the youngest of our family to our household, it's more like 2 or 3 loads 2 or 3 times per week.

Jake is asking me to get more and more toys out as the morning progresses. His basketball goal sits to the left of me but has yet to be played with. Guess he just wanted to look at it...or maybe he wanted to give me something to do...get it out now and put it away later. Thank you, Jake. That's exactly what I needed...something to do. He also just brought me his Cars movie and announced that he wants to watch "Queen" (this is what he calls the movie...Queen as in Lightning McQueen) but that he needed to poo-poo first. So of course I stopped typing this blog post and put him on the potty, and now he sits doing his business (while I listen...nice) and singing about going poo-poo in the potty.

Jim cooked breakfast for himself (a bacon and egg sandwich), and now he's working on editing video from two nights ago that he took of Jake while we watched the BIG game.

As for me, I've been doing more needed organizing. I've gone through both of my sweater drawers already. I've also eaten a not-so nourishing breakfast (coconut cake and pepsi - I'm PMSing...what can I say?), washed dishes, hugged a crying 2 year old (more than once), talked to his teacher on the phone about why he was sent home with different underwear on than he left with that morning twice this week, sorted through laundry, talked to my sister on the phone about them coming next weekend to spend the night with us, checked the weather to see if there is any possible way we might make it to the park to play today (that was seriously wishful thinking right there), edited the last of our photos from our Hawaiian vacation, and just took another break from typing to wipe a dirty bottom (yep, he's all done).

Wonder what's going on at everyone else's house this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment