Reasons

1/27/10

A couple of years ago, I decided to make a scrapbook for my dad for Father's Day. I titled it "Just a Few Reasons Why I Love You, Dad". The pictures inside were of him, me and him, me, my sister and him, and of us as a complete family. Every reason I gave for loving him had a coordinating picture. For example: One of the reasons I told my dad I love him is because he works hard at everything he does, and the coordinating picture was one that was taken of him sitting at his desk at work talking on the phone. Another reason I gave my dad for loving him like I do is because his love for animals runs as deep as mine. For this one, I included a picture of him with one of our many beloved pets. The list went on for about 30 pages with pictures from "way back when" up to recently with a picture of him with his two grandchildren, Emily and Jake (of course one of the reasons why I love him so much is because he's a really great Grandpa).

Fast forward to a few days ago when Jake woke up, and the first thing on his lips was part of the tune "Jesus Loves Me". I laid in bed and listened for a few minutes over the monitor as he very loudly sang over and over, "Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so." And as I listened, I thought to myself just how much He really does love me and how many reasons I have to love Him in return.

And so I've made a list to share here on my blog (since it has sort of become my "scrapbook" because I'm not doing so much of the paper kind these days) of just a few reasons why I really do love my Lord...

1. Luke 12:7 For even the very hairs of your head are all numbered... - He knows me better than anyone else.

2. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. - He has never left me hanging...

3. And even in times when I thought He might have, He reminded me to... - Be still, and know that I am God...Psalm 46:10. ...He which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

4. Isaiah 38:5 Thus saith the Lord...I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears... - He knows each time I cry, on the inside and out.

5. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - He is never undecided about what to do next or where to go from here. He has a plan and purpose for everything that happens to me.

6. Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God. - He can do what no one else can. Nothing blows His mind, and the words "I can't" don't exist in His vocabulary.

7. Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. - Jacob Hudson Bryant, February 27, 2007, 4:48a.m., 6lbs. 1oz., 18.25" long

8. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. - I know that as long as I give Him control of any and every situation or circumstance, there will never be a bad outcome.

9. Psalm 121: 7-8 The LORD will keep you from all harm; He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. - He is watching over me 24/7.

10. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - God sent his Son to die for me because He wants me to live for eternity...

11. ...with Him. - John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment