Conversations

1/21/10

There was once a time when conversations that took place while driving in my car, were conversations I had with The Son.

But since My son came along, developed the vocabulary of a sixth grader, and now is almost never quiet, the conversations that take place while driving in my car are usually...no make that mostly...ummm, always with him.

But tonight he was surprisingly, unusually quiet when I picked him up from preschool, and I found myself in a zone, listening intently to the words of "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless as it played on the radio. It took me several minutes to realize just how quiet it actually was as we drove home; but when I did, a smile came across my face because it dawned on me that I was actually meditating with the Lord.

As the song continued to play, I looked at Jake in my rear view mirror, and I watched him as he sat so quietly looking out the window at the passing cars and stores and red lights.

And then he and I had a conversation that went like this:

Me: I love you, Jake.

Jake: I love you too, Mommy. You my best fwiend.

Me: You're my best friend too, Jake, and you always will be.

The car once again returned to quiet, and in silent prayer I had a conversation with God that went like this:

I love you too, Lord. Thank you for your Son, and thank you for my son. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment