Back in the swing of things

4/9/10

We are officially getting back in the swing of things here at the Landers' house...

or at least Jake and I are.

When we got home Wednesday night, Jim exchanged dirty clothes for clean ones and packed his bags for Panama City, Florida. He and about 10 of his students are making their annual visit to Tyndall AFB...they'll be back tomorrow, so the excitement is short-lived. But my wonderful husband still managed to call me from the beach at about 3 o'clock this afternoon (Thanks for that, Babe. You know how much I love hearing the waves of the ocean roll in while I'm sitting at work. You so rock for doing that!)

So while he's away, Jake and I are getting a reality check. We were both back at work and school on Thursday, and I'm still working on returning order and cleanliness to our home - you know...doing chores like rolling the completely packed garbage can to the driveway. On the brighter side of things, I'm also enjoying some quiet time with my favorite 3 year old in the whole wide world who I missed so much while I was away.

And as you can tell from this photo,

we were all missed by the four-legged members of our family as well (yes, that's Belle who was just about to lean in for a kiss on Jake's cheek).

No comments:

Post a Comment