Simple Pleasures

2/9/10

Last week on Kelly's Korner, she extended an invitation to her blog readers to post some of the things that each person calls "Simple Pleasures". I purposefully took my time in posting a few of mine. I thought it would be great to save my thoughts for a "rainy" day (by "rainy", I mean a day when I need to remind myself of the little things in life that make me smile, bring me comfort), and I've decided that today is that day. So here are just a few of the things that I call "Simple Pleasures"...

A phone call from one of my best friends that I haven't talked to in a while

Trips to the tanning bed (which also means I'm going on vacation because that's the only time I bother with going faithfully

Putting new refills in the wallflowers that are strategically placed throughout my house

Clean sheets and pillowcases on my bed

Sitting in our porch swing

Feeling like I just took some extra great photographs no matter who or what they are of

Watching Jake play in the bathtub...

And, of course, his hugs and kisses

Extra blankets on my bed to keep me warm during the Winter time

Holding Jim's hand

Going for walks when it's almost dark out because I'm not quite ready to go inside

Folding warm towels right out of the dryer

Vacation days that I take just because...

And getting to watch game shows (especially The Price is Right) while still in my pajamas


Just thinking about my list and which ones I might can make happen very soon is making me smile more already!

No comments:

Post a Comment