Random but True

7/16/10

1. Big Brother 12 has only been on for one week...and it's consuming my life!

2. Tomorrow, I'll have visitors. My mom, sister, and Jake's cousin, Emily, will be here for a "Family Slumber Party". Yes, they are staying overnight with me, and I.can't.wait!

3. Absence is definitely making the heart grow fonder while Jim is away. It's so different this time! Maybe it's the combination of knowing he's in another country, he's asleep while I'm awake, and we talk on the phone for no more than ten minutes a day. Yep. I think those three just about do it for me.

4. The retail world is a better shopping place with Hobby Lobby in it. I went there last night on a shopping spree for my office at work.

5. Also last night, Jake informed me that he really, really, really misses his daddy, and that he loves him very much. He also backed that statement up with the fact that if I will buy him a new train, he will feel "all better." Amazing what a new Thomas engine can do for a 3 year old, huh?

6. The sleeping arrangements in our house just aren't what they used to be. Turns out, Jim and I have what feels like is going to be a permanent pallet on the floor beside our bed. It's sole purpose in life is to keep Jake from crawling into our bed somewhere in the vicinity of 3 and 4 each morning.

7. My toenails are currently what has become one of my absolute favorite colors of nail polish...Lincoln Park After Dark by O.P.I. Love it!

8. This weekend, Jake will finally get the lunchbox of his dreams. He saw it in a magazine a couple of weeks ago, and he's been asking me every.single.day. when Spiderman will be here. Thankfully that's tomorrow when his Grandma gets here to give it to him. No, she just couldn't resist it because she had seen it too and knew he would love it almost as much as he does me. She will be his hero completely when he sees it.

9. I realized this morning that I left the light on in Jake's room all night long. This is nothing new for me, though. Stuff like this happens pretty regularly while Jim is away. Reminds me of the time when he came home to a 300 dollar water bill. It's a long story, that one. And because to this day, I'm still sticking to my guns on that scenario and say there's no way I should be held responsible for that one, I won't go into detail. Otherwise, 5 minutes of my 10-minute conversation with Jim tonight will be us going back and forth about whether or not I could have possibly noticed the puddles of water collecting in our yard for over a week. Maybe the grass was really thirsty, right?

10. My cousin Jim's wife, Christine, is one of the sweetest human beings on this planet. She sent me two boxes of clothes that her son, Ethan, has outgrown, and Jake will be able to wear them all this coming Fall!

11. Speaking of clothes, Jake has a shirt that says, "My Dad Has Super Powers!" He wore it last week. I just hung it up in his closet. The one I didn't hang up was the one he was wearing when I took him to TCBY. Unfortunately, the chocolate yogurt stains have not completely come out.

12. I've consumed more water in the last week than I have in probably 6 months. Obviously, this is something I need to work on. So I am.

13. If you've been planning a trip to the Hallmark store in the McFarland Mall...don't plan anymore. It's closed for remodeling. As you can tell, I've been there. Yeah, that went to Plan B.

14. In case you were wondering, I still have photos to share from our camping trip we went on the weekend of July 4th. Thank goodness because seriously, I'm not sure how many posts to this blog I can do without uploading an image or 2...or 20. They'll also keep me from convulsing on the floor because I still really, really, really (as Jake puts it) miss my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment