McDonald's, Boogie boards, A Wedding, Torpedos, and Sonic

6/5/10

I normally don't devote an entire post to just one day in the life of us.

But today, I thought, deserved one - a title of its own - a whole story all to itself. After all, it was jam-packed with activity.

First and foremost, I must say thank you to my incredible husband for letting me sleep late...8:30 to be exact. Thank you, Baby! I'm convinced I love you today more than yesterday...for more reasons than I can voice. Getting a few extra hours of sleep was complete therapy for me. However, I woke to a hungry 3 year old who had been awake since 7 and had had no breakfast at all. Ahhhh, McDonald's hotcakes and sausage can remedy that, I thought. So I went. To McDonald's. I got there only to be cut in front of at the drive thru. I was hungry and not happy at all with the guy in a black Chevy Avalanche who had just decided he was more hungry than me and the other members of my family who were waiting for me at home to bring them their breakfast. I mouthed, "How Rude!" to him and shook my head while he smiled. I told my mom (I had called her on my way there) that it was people like this who don't know the Lord. I sat there and analyzed his spiritual condition, furious as all get out, especially every time he would look in his rear view mirror and smile. I got up to the speaker and ordered my food - hotcakes and sausage for Jake and I to share and a biscuit with gravy for the husband who let me sleep late. I pulled around and heard the guy in front of me talking about how he had cut in front of me and saying to the cashier, "You tell her I said that." So I pulled up (with my mom still on the phone and completely curious about what was about to happen). The cashier greeted me with a smile and told me that the guy in front of me had paid for my food because he had cut in front of me in line. I laughed, waved my arm out the window, and yelled "Thank you!". I was shocked. My mom was too. We laughed about it, and I repented for passing judgement.

We ate our breakfast, and our morning continued with errands. Jake and I visited the vet to buy heartworm meds for our two canine companions. We also made a quick stop at the quilting shop and then to get Jake's hair cut. We returned home to Jim finishing up with yard work, ate lunch, and laid down for naps.

After we woke, we made ourselves ready for a trip to the pool - our first this year. Jake had more fun that I can describe in words...

boogie boarding...

splashing...

jumping...

playing with his friend Alli...

throwing torpedos...

and diving to catch them...

throwing balls to his dad...

and swimming in the pool where the "big kids" do.

We stayed for nearly two hours, and this little dude didn't stop for more than 5 seconds at a time the entire time we were there.

We left just before a huge storm pushed through and made our way to Chick-fil-A where we picked up dinner and brought it home to eat. I'm still wondering if I actually ate because we were in such a hurry - in a hurry to get to Miss Anna's (one of Jake's preschool teachers) wedding. She and her fiance were married today at 6pm. She was absolutely stunning in her gown - as Jake put it best when he saw her - she looked like a "princess".

We rounded off our day with a run through another drive thru. This time it was Sonic, and no, no one cut in front of me this time. In fact, as I type this, I'm still polishing off my Lemon Berry Slush...yummmmm!

Jim is watching TV, waiting for us to take a night time walk around the neighborhood.

See?! I told you it was jam-packed! And it's not over yet! Here I come, Baby! Just let me finish this one sentence and put my shoes on!

Goodnight Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment