Jewels in my Crown

6/7/10

I truly believe that all of my children are jewels in my Heavenly crown.

This is my latest addition.


This babe joins three others who have gone on before.

His or her life here on Earth was not as long as we had hoped, so we in turn put our hope in Jesus.

We know this baby is at the feet of the One who created him and gave His life so that we may one day be reunited.

Tonight, I feel there is no place I had rather him be.

Tonight, I feel privileged and honored. I have been given more than I would be able to give. Through it all, my faith has been made a strong tower. My marriage has been made rich. My love for Jim reaches the depths of the Earth - for Jake stretches as wide as the horizon expands - and for God even more than those put together.

Tonight, I don't have understanding. I don't understand why He chose Jake to be the one - the one I would hold - the one who would look just like me - the one I would kiss a thousand times over - the one who wanted to be rocked tonight before I put him to sleep (even at 3 years old) - the one who I would hear say, "I love you, Mommy!". But Oh, Father, I am thankful. I have been reminded of His miracle-working power, and the peace that only He can give which surpasses all understanding, envelopes me completely.

Tonight, that is all I need.

Lord, I bow at Your feet and thank You for this jewel. Thank you for knowing what we need, when we need it. Thank you for ordering our steps and doing Your perfect will in our lives. Thank for the promise that all things work together for good according to the purpose for which You plan them. Hold this baby close to your side and help me to continue to trust in You and put my whole faith in You.

But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. Job 23:10

No comments:

Post a Comment