Resolve

5/31/10

Re-solve: to reach a firm decision about; to declare or decide

Today...I resolve...

that I will put my trust in Christ alone

- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
- The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7

that I will give Him praise no matter what

- I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! Deuteronomy 32:3
- I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall not make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall fear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:1-4

that I will be content in this very moment and every moment of my life

- Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. Philippians 4:11-12
- The fear of the Lord leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble. Proverbs 19:23

that I will give all my burdens to Him

- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you. I Peter 5:6-7
- Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be make known unto God. Philippians 4:6

that I will keep my eyes set on things above

- I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. Psalm 121:1
- So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. II Corinthians 4:18

that sometimes I won't understand...because it's not meant for me to

- God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding. Job 37:5
- For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

that I will persevere

- Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

that no matter what happens tomorrow, God is in control

- As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield
for all who take refuge in Him. It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. Psalm 18:30,32

No comments:

Post a Comment