Where Bribes Take Us

5/12/10

Tonight Jake and I did something a little different. The idea came to me before I left our house this morning to take Jake to school and go to work. I needed a really good bribe to get Jake to cooperate with me when he didn't want to get dressed to leave. To say he woke up on the wrong side of the bed would be an understatement (This probably had something to do with the fact that he didn't wake up in his bed at all. He managed to crawl in my bed at 3 am, so when my alarm started going off at 5:30, he was no where near ready to be up and at 'em.). So to put a little pep in his step and brighten his attitude, I told him we would go here when we got home tonight.

This is a stable that's literally within walking distance from our house.

It's where horses live...

and where doggies live.

It's where old gates are propped up against one side of the barn...

and faucets are used to fill water buckets.

It's where he can get a taste of how I grew up.



It's where troughs have been re purposed as planters...

and smiles are abundant.

It's a place that we love to go...

because there are faces like this one that will follow you as far as they can to say goodbye.

It's also pretty fun to pick berries like this one and talk about what they are and discover what they taste like on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment