Lions, Tigers, and Bears...Oh my!

5/10/10

Yeah, well, I don't have a picture of a bear...but take my word for it that we did see one when we went to the Montgomery Zoo last Friday.

I picked Jake up from school at lunch time, and we traveled the infamous Hwy. 82 (that we so often do) to meet Jim there. We had not seen him since last Monday, and boy, were we excited! Jake talked the whole way about holding the lions, missing his daddy, and running to catch the elephants. He called the animals his babies and almost went without a nap because he was in such huge anticipation.

But fortunately for him he passed out cold after I told him at least three times it would be a while before we got there. After all, he definitely needed as much energy as possible to see...

a mommy buffalo and her newborn baby...

a white tiger...

his daddy...

a lion...

an otter...

whatever lives behind this fence...

and a herd of elephants.

He also played on the playground, found several water puddles to stomp through, and got majorly hot and sweaty. Of course.

Oh! And he managed to pose for my camera a time or two. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment