Riding in Cars with Boys

2/8/12

This


is how

(Which way is down his Daddy asked.)
they rolled


on Saturday morning.


The automobile that takes us where we need and want to go, my ride, our wheels - it's the place where I think the best, pray the most, and age the quickest. It's funny how just one or more littles in the backseat can bring on massive amounts of stress, really raise the blood pressure. Toys get dropped, sippy cups become empty, and at times they simply hate the straps that bind them in their car seats. But when it's quiet (or not), I love to watch them in my rear view mirror - to watch them stare at what's outside the window and wonder what they're thinking. Or have a conversation with Jake without turning around, yet I still have his eyes. I watch Parker pull at his socks and shoes, drink from his sippy even after it's all gone, and I can stop him dead in his tracks with "You Are My Sunshine" - I absolutely love that! And them.  I love them.

Sometimes we love people so much that we have to be numb to it. Because if we actually felt how much we love them, it would kill us. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just means your heart's too big. ~Riding in Cars with Boys


No comments:

Post a Comment