the way I should turn

10/12/11

Yesterday, I logged into my Facebook profile and opened a message that had been sitting in my Inbox for more than a month. Time between conversations makes no difference to her and I. What's most important is that we keep in touch, and we always, always pick up right where we left off.

One of the last things she said to me was, "...Hope all is well in your busy life." When she wrote those words, she had no idea that we've been in the process of moving - it just kind of goes without saying that life in general for me is a busy one. Who's isn't?

It's definitely a given that the weeks of September and now into October have consumed us. The packing and unpacking, Roseola and paint swatches, "Where did I put that?"'s and Old Baker Farm, reorganizing and Boston, crawling into bed but not before four hundred milligrams of Ibuprofen for aches and pains are taken and shoving boxes into closets that we know we won't get to in even the remote near future have turned our mode dials to Survival.

In times like these, I become insecure.  I worry that Jim and I are disconnected.  I'm saddened by missed photo ops and responses to the tune of "In just a little bit, Babe."  I question whether or not the time I'm giving is either quantity or quality.  I simply become overwhelmed.  I struggle.   

Today, I'm struggling.  Today, I'm overwhelmed.  And today, I read this verse: 

When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn... Psalm 142:3.

Thank you, Lord, for knowing my insides and out...for knowing exactly what I need when I need it...for knowing "...the way I should turn...".
 


No comments:

Post a Comment