Was he really?

12/19/11

Ever this small? 

This tells me,...Yes. 

My heart says,...Where did he go?  


 
It also says to him,

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be."
~Robert N. Munsch

Tonight I did something I haven't in a loooong while.  I ordered hard copies from file folders more than six months old.  And when I did, I stumbled across this one above that I took of Parker when he was still shy of two weeks old. 

He's changed so incredibly much - but when I stare long enough, I still see the baby he's slowly but surely growing out of being. 

That's exactly what this makes me want to do.  Just sit and stare a while. 

And cry.  Yep.  Definitely cry. 

And maybe even go watch him sleep.  And smell his hair. 

Okay, that does it.


2 comments:

  1. awe ..You are alovely mama.
    I love you .When ever I come here I feel warm and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You'll blink and he'll be ten years old.... ask me how I know...

    ReplyDelete