Trick-or-Treat...

11/2/10

Smell my feet...Give me something good to eat!

Okay, hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers that one...or said it.

Saturday night brought back so many memories for me when I took Jake door-to-door, trick-or-treating. My parents used to take my sister and I when we were little (and still lived in an actual neighborhood versus the boonie doonies where we moved to when I was just eight years old).

This year was seriously our most exciting yet when it comes to Halloween. Of course, Jake changed his mind pretty much every single day on who or what he wanted to dress up as. Decisions, decisions right? And I have absolutely no idea where he got that from...uh hum (clearing my throat).

So anyway, I sort of made up his mind for him when I bought his fireman costume. He's obsessed with firemen (and superheros, and Disney characters, and Thomas the Tank Engine...see what I mean?) and especially firetrucks, so I was positive he would be crazy about it. And crazy about it, he was!

Wouldn't you love for him to come to your house if it were on fire? 

He was also crazy about the many packs of Skittles he got from our neighbors and, of course, the chocolate.

Oh!  And going from house to house ringing the doorbells (he does this for kicks at home all the time), yelling "Trick or Treat!", and asking me, "Are we going to another house now, Mommy?"

Sure we are, Buddy! (Until we run out of houses, that is).

We left Jim at home to pass out candy at our house, so he missed out. At least he got to see all of the different costumes, though.

Speaking of candy, I'm pretty sure he rationed it out because we somehow managed to be left with an entire bag of MandM's, yet the light was turned off on our porch before everyone stopped trick-or-treating.

Hmmm...

I guess that's okay, though. Parker and I are consuming them on a daily basis, so please don't worry that they're going to waste.


I hope you all had as great a time on Halloween as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment