And Here's One of the Reasons Why

10/19/10

(He makes me smile, that is).

This past Saturday, I took him shopping with me.

I decided it was high time I added a few articles of clothing to my wardrobe to get me through the next few months (but in a thrifty kind of way...because after all...it's just for a few months), so we trekked to at least four different stores before I found exactly what I was looking for (in more ways than one...meaning jeans and a half off sale).

I grabbed several pairs to try on, and we made our way to the dressing room. Once inside, I got undressed from the waist down, and here's the conversation that took place...

Jake: "Mommy! Your tummy's gettin' big!"

Me: You're right! Parker is really growing, isn't he?

Jake: "He is, Mommy! (while nodding his head in agreement). Mommy, I just love Parker! I really do!"

Me: Awww...what a sweet big brother you are, Jake!

And then...then...he did it...he kissed my belly in the sweetest way you could ever imagine!

And I nearly picked myself up off of the dressing room floor from being melted into a puddle of moosh  (I also told the dressing room attendant that, "Yes, everything is fine.")...

and, of course,...

I smiled.

And I still do every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment