He Giveth More Grace

4/5/12

I had planned to say something different today; but this morning, I found out that one of the great girls that I spend all of my week day work days with has had her world turned upside down.  And really all I can think about is her, so I thought I'd share something I read today that I thought was pretty amazing instead.
  
It was written by Annie Johnston Flynt, a hymn-writer who was orphaned very early in life.  She was crippled with rheumatoid arthritis and spent most of her life in bed where she had to have eight pillows to cushion her body from head to toe because it was covered with sores.  When she wrote this ("He Giveth More Grace"), she had lost control of her internal organs, and cancer was taking her life...

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater 
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase 
To added affliction, He addeth His mercy
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace
When we have exhausted our store of endurance 
When our strength has failed and the day’s half done, 
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s own giving has only begun 
His love has no limit 
His grace has no measure 
His power has no boundaries known unto men 
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus 
He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

4 comments:

  1. I am so very blessed by this it was beautiful. I really was touched to read it tonight. I hope your friend is ok saying a prayer for her now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tesha, you are always such an encouragement and a blessing to me. Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Amen. I believe it.
    Hope things are ok with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much. That means SO much to me, and I know it will to her.

      Delete