a few things from our weekend

4/23/12

a....This weekend we gave the urns we had sitting on the exterior doorway of our old house an extreme makeover.  They were still in awesome shape, but the original finish that was on them before had been rubbed off in a few places from the move back in September.  I lost the war to replace them altogether, so I thought I'd try giving them a new coat of paint (A better solution anyway?  It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it.).  I picked out a textured one just to give them a little something and thought it'd be easier to get even coverage.  Jim sprayed on the first coat, and I came back with the second.  I filled them up with a juniper topiary that will grow much, much taller (I wish they were there now, but I got what I could get.  I guess it gives me something to look forward to.) and purple, blue, and white blooms all around the bottom.



b....Parker got his first taste of miniature Oreo cookies, and he kind of liked them.



c....And yesterday, my parents celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary.  Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!  I love you, I love you, I love you!  And I wish you many, many more years of loving each other more and more every day to come.
          

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your front door is beautiful! Parker is so cute covered in Oreo :) SO very sweet for your mom and dad what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know right?! He got it EVERY.WHERE too! Thanks, Heather!

      Delete
  3. Really your front door is looking awesome ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Izdiher!!! You always make me smile!

      Delete