Brothers

8/8/11

There's no other love like the love for a brother.
There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~Astrid Alauda


Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown


A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. ~Author Unknown


A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity. ~Proverbs 17:17


He is my most beloved friend and my bittersweet rival, my confident and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal. ~Gregg Levoy


On Parker's 7 month birthday today, my heart is so thankful.  Not only for him, but that today celebrates the day that he and Jake instantly became a brother.  I dream about what their bond will be like.  I watch two little boys play a game of catch on their front lawn, and I imagine the two of them doing the same.  I can already hear the laughter and tears and "He did it!  Not me!" 's that will come from their little lips, and I can already picture their hugs when they're all grown up and are seeing each other for the first time after the "It's been a while." 's.  It makes me smile, cry, and fall in love with both of them over and over again...all at once.

Happy 7 month birthday, Sweet Parker!  We love you immeasurably more than you can imagine!  ~Mommy, Daddy, and Big Brother, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment