And this is why I love Pinterest.

1/11/12


So I'm a planner. I like things to go as planned and on schedule. But going with the flow? I've learned it's essential to really, really enjoy life. And here lately I've actually found myself doing it and embracing the imperfect and unplanned. I'll still be organized, yes. But when I don't have time in the mornings to put a late Christmas gift into a bag with tissue hanging out and a card with it saying, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart for loving Parker day in and day out. I hope you like this scent.", I'll be okay knowing that she'll appreciate it tomorrow just as much as she would have today. And if the strawberry pinata doesn't arrive on Saturday, I'll get a refund. And I'll still get my pinata...eventually. And we'll still laugh and cry just the same as we cherish the opportunity we've been given to put another candle in the shape of a 1 on a birthday cake made just for him.

When I saw this today, I fell in love - with the artwork, the words, the reminder, and, of course...Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment