Hi Ho...Hi Ho...

8/11/10

It's off...

to...

school...

I go!

And on the way there Jake and I talked about new classmates, new toys, what he might learn from Ms. Faye, how much he was going to be missed by his old classmates and teachers, and how hungry I thought he might be because he wouldn't eat breakfast before we left.

We hung his backpack on his very own hanger...

and made sure all his belongings were in his cubby.

We spent lots of time with Ms. Faye...her showing me the curriculum Jake and his classmates will follow all year long and learning all about the Animal Alphabet they'll have memorized in no time.

Jake found his name posted all over his new classroom and introduced me to the armful of alligators he found and claimed were his within minutes.

Needless to say, after all those alligators had his attention, all I got was a "Goodbye Mom!"

Goodbye, Baby. Nevermind me...even if I start crying because I realize another year is gone and it seems like it was just yesterday you started K-2. Sniff...sniff...

No comments:

Post a Comment