as for me and my house... {alternately titled: I'm still here. or: I'm tired. Either one will do.}

9/18/13

As for Jim, I usually find him like this...


or this...


He's recently bought a 37 year old Corvette Stingray that takes up half of our garage, half of his free time, and at least half of his play money.  It's also the talk of any male that sees it...even the littlest of our neighbors.

As for Jake, he's killing first grade (All A's so far other than the B he has in penmanship.  His handwriting is neat.  But he doesn't always use the lines on his paper the right way.  Sometimes his lowercase letters don't stay beneath the dotted line in the middle, and other times he doesn't make enough space between words.), and he's had a staph infection.  It started out as what looked like a heat rash on his tush, but nothing was helping until my mom came the day before school started and suggested I use Neosporin.  The redness shrunk nearly overnight, and it formed a white head that finally burst.  About two weeks later it reappeared so I took him to his pediatrician.  He lanced it to relieve the pressure, sent a sample to the lab, and started him on an antibiotic.  Since then he's been back once to have it rechecked, he's finished his meds, and the spot where it was lanced is almost completely healed. #whewgladthatsover #firsttimeforeverything #onceisenoughforme...andhim.

As for Parker, taking his sippy away has taken its toll.  The first few nights were a little better than I expected, and it finally didn't seem to be very missed.  But the weekend after we took it away came, he began to refuse to sleep at all (in his bed anyway), and I think we were all getting less sleep than we did when he was six weeks old.  I tried hanging out in his room until he fell asleep, and I gave in to him sleeping between us, but even that wasn't working.  He'd wake up crying and running to our room, and our bed isn't big enough for three.  So Jake moved into his top bunk, and Parker moved into the bottom.  It's still been a big adjustment, but with the exception of two out of the last seven nights (one of them being last night) in a row, all of us have been sleeping like rocks.  PTL with a hand clap.

As for me, I've been up since three am which means today is going to be a loooong day.  PAR! KERRRRR!

More of our latelys to come.  

2 comments:

  1. Boys and their toys!We'll need a pic of that car when its all fixed up!
    Beautiful pics as always! (oh and my boys always get their worst grade in penmanship too)!
    Take care and thanks for the prayers, Amanda xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million, Amanda! Yep, I'm sure you'll see lots of the new "baby" of the family. Ha! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete