It's potty time!

7/9/13

For just a little over two weeks now (Maybe right at three?), Parker's been in potty boot camp.  Wow...seems so much longer than that, but I think that's because he's come a loooong way in such a short amount of time.  He's gone from shaking his head and begging, "No No No!" at just the thought of even sitting on the potty we bought just for him/a potty/any potty to asking when he needs to - even going on his own - to going anywhere and everywhere he happens to be when he needs to...even at preschool.

There, the potty-goers get two things for a reward when they use the potty - skittles and stickers; and to him, the stickers mean the most.  He shows me his fists where he's put them when I pick him up, and he always shares one with me when he's earned more than one (Yesterday, he earned three so Jake even got one too.), and obviously they're still a big deal when we get home.   


Front door down...back door to go, and we are there!  

God, give me strength.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Parker! How sweet that he shares his stickers. We've started with Emma and it's not going very well. I guess I just need to stick with it:) How great to see so much progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we are just starting and it looks like a long bumpy road:)

    ReplyDelete