Out Of Office Replies are On...Off

4/20/11

As of today, I'm no longer Out of the office...

As I sit there thinking, I remember the nights when I worked a few hours here and there - turning my computer on, double-clicking to open my e-mail account and seeing the box come up on my computer screen..."Out of office replies are on".  I knew this day would come.  Seeing that tiny little message at the bottom of my computer screen reminded me over and over that it would.  I would turn off my Out of Office Replies and go back to the way things were...but in a whole new way. 

And to say that I'm emotionally drained would be the understatement of 2011. I missed all the yesterdays of the past four months as much as I thought I would...possibly even more. Words really can't describe, and I don't have the energy to try to.

But what I can and will say is that I was welcomed (in more ways than one because every one of my coworkers brought some type of snack food item to help welcome me back).  I was hugged.  I was understood. 

And I got to come home to the three people that are the reason why I do what I do.

    

1 comment: